How to navigate a 3D Showcase
Will the 3D Showcase work with on my website?
The Matterport 3D Showcase uses WebGL, the modern standard for 3D content on the web. On desktop computers, WebGL is supported by the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. On mobile devices, WebGL is supported by Safari for iOS 8 and Chrome for Android. To confirm that your browser supports WebGL, visit this test page.
Any mobile device with full WebGL support (hardware/OS/browser) can also view Matterport models. For iOS devices with iOS 8.1.3 or newer can view models, though performance will vary based on the device’s speed and memory. For Android, most new smartphones and tablets running Android 5 and Chrome or Firefox (or another WebGL-capable browser) can support WebGL. Firefox is recommended for both desktop and mobile.
Where can clients view the Matterport 3D Showcases?
Once a Matterport 3D model has been built in the Matterport Cloud, viewers anywhere in the world can explore these spaces from their desktop or mobile device.
How do I add my Matterport Showcase to my Zillow?
There are three ways a Matterport Showcase can be displayed on Zillow:
- Claim the listing on Zillow, and update via your MLS / broker site.
- Claim the listing on Zillow, and update directly on Zillow.
- Create a new “for sale” listing on Zillow and add the Matterport URL link.
Here’s how you can claim a listing on Zillow: https://zillow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202106084-How-do-I-manually-claim-my-listing-
Claim the listing on Zillow, and update via your MLS or broker site.
- Log in to your MLS and find the field for a virtual tour. Then, paste the Matterport Showcase URL into that field. The virtual tour field can sometimes be found within your Virtual Media options.
Claim the listing on Zillow, and update directly on Zillow.
- If you’re still not seeing the tour, or if your broker or MLS does not syndicate to Zillow, you’ll need to add the virtual tour to Zillow manually. Once you are logged into your Zillow account, paste the Matterport Showcase URL into the “Related Website” field for your specific listing.
- Note that Zillow will show a generic image, not an image from your particular Showcase — see below.
Create a new “for sale” listing on Zillow and add the Matterport link.
- Log in to your Zillow account.
- Create a new “For Sale” listing.
- Paste the Matterport Showcase URL into the “Related Website” field for your specific listing.